The transportation market is very competitive. Most companies have discovered that switching delivers hardly any cost savings. To realise further cost savings companies need to address more fundamental questions such as: can we.........
- Adjust / redesign the current transport structure
- Reduce transport movements by adjusting our distribution strategy
- Bundle volumes with other players
- Variabilise our transportation costs
- Use alternative transport modes
- Adjust our replenishment strategy in terms of frequency, timing. etc.
- Reduce indirect costs by improving the service levels and quality
- Revisit current choices on basis of opportunity costing
But als to what extend will innovative applications of new technologies enable us to have real-time access to transport data, local regulations, road conditions etc. and therefore improve our planning-capabilities and flexibility
Via Real helps companies to organise, contract and manage their transportation requirements.